Saturday, February 19, 2011

Giving This a Try

Well, here we go.  After much thought, consideration, and polling on facebook and twitter, I have decided to start "blogging."  I don't really know if guys blog, but I am going to give it a try.  I never thought blogging would be my thing, but it seems kinda fun.  


I first got the idea to blog about a month ago.  As I was having my quiet time, I thought, "Goodness, I would love to share with others what I am learning."  I gave blogging some consideration, but kinda shrugged it off.  As I continued to have my quiet time day after day, I kept thinking, "Goodness, I would love to share with others what I am learning."  So, after about a month of thinking about it, I have decided to blog.


I am mostly going to use this blog to share what the Lord has been teaching me.  Yes, I will include other things as well, but my hope is that you will be encouraged with what you find here.  The Lord has definitely been working in my life the past year and a half.  There have been plenty of times where I have wondered where God is, or what He is doing, but every time I begin to wonder, the Holy Spirit speaks into my life and gives me a peace.  A peace knowing God is in control.


Today, I took the time to watch a YouTube video one of my accounting professors recommended.  About three weeks ago I had the chance to talk to Professor Cady (the accounting professor) about what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me.  He recommended I watch the YouTube video, "Lukewarm and Loving It!" by Francis Chan.  Today I finally took the time to watch it.  One of the things I liked most was near the end when Francis Chan was praying.  In his prayer he said, "Lord, I ask for your discipline.  I never enjoy it.  I'm always thankful afterward."


This is how I have felt lately.  I feel like God is molding me and shaping me into the man he wants me to be.  It hasn't necessarily been the most exciting year and a half, and it hasn't been the most fun year and a half, but it has definitely been the most beneficial year and a half.


As I begin to add more blog posts, I will explain what all has transpired over the last year and a half that has had such a huge impact on my life.


I do want to clarify something on this first post.  My intention for this blog is NOT to bring glory or praise to myself.  I repeat, my intention for this blog is NOT to bring glory or praise to myself.  I am not posting stuff for people to say, "Oh wow, look how "holy" Kyle is."  I am not trying to boast about how God is working.  I simply want to share what God has been teaching me.  I know if what I have been learning has had such a huge impact on my life, then there is a really good chance it could have a huge impact on someone else's life as well.


In 2 Corinthians 1, verses 3-4, Paul says this, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."


My hope and prayer is that someone, at least one person, will benefit from reading this blog.  I simply want to encourage others.


With all that being said, I hope you all enjoy the blog.  As all the foreigners on the golf team say, "Cheers!"

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for you to start blogging. This blog (if good enough) may become part of my daily web rotation.

    ReplyDelete